Technology & Innovation Expo
Join Southern Illinois University as they bring innovators and entrepreneurs from across the SIU system for an enlightening afternoon mini-conference and networking event.
Thursday, October 13, 2016
2:00 PM - 8:00 PM Central Standard Time
Presenters will range from researchers seeking R&D collaborations to spin-out companies seeking commercialization partners. All current or prospective corporate partners, investors, policymakers, media partners, and other supporters of innovation and SIU are encouraged to register for the event by emailing email@example.com.
Featured topics and technologies include:
- Vaccines and testing for the HSV-1 and HSV-2 viruses
- Biosensors and thin film deposition
- Quantitative measurement of tinnitus
- Gene therapy for blood disorders
- MRI contrast agent and design paradigm for enhanced imaging
- A biomimetic urologic prosthetic
- Novel surgical instruments for laparoscopy and fat grafting
- DNA marker systems
- Chemical feedstocks from coal and biomass
- Embedded computational systems
- A combined-loop magnetic refrigerator
- Coal to methane via biogasification
- Applied fermentation science
- Underground mining dust control
- Cryogenic coffee from the founder of Dippin’ Dots
- A low-cost programmable potentiostat
- Enhanced reverse blocking diodes
Light refreshments will be served, including a beer tasting hosted by SIU’s Fermentation Science Institute and our generous sponsor, Breakthru Beverage Group. Contact us to register for the event or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.