At this first-ever ChiBuys tasting, you'll meet amazing local food vendors and sample delicious bites. Join us as we work towards making ChiBuys a city-wide movement in fostering diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our businesses.
This event has ended.
Through the ChiBuys initiative, we put our money where our mouth is – literally! Over the past year, we have developed relationships with dozens of local, minority and woman-owned caterers throughout the city in an effort to direct our purchasing power with intention and thoughtfulness.
The impact has been tremendous:
- Vendors from this program have catered over 75 events over the past year.
- The total expenditure is in excess of $50,000 to date.
- We have made dozens of introductions and resulted in significant additional business for these vendors.
- We have developed an interactive guide that allows us to use our promotional power and network on behalf of our participating vendors.
And this is just the beginning. 1871 commits to exploring vendor opportunities in not only catering but other organizational purchasing needs. Our hope is that these efforts will expand well beyond our walls and become a city-wide endeavor. Together, our community can move the tide towards fostering diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our businesses.
How else can you get involved?
- Eat! Order from one of these ChiBuys vendors, all of whom are highly recommended by the 1871 team. Organizations who patronize ChiBuys vendors will receive a digital sticker for placement on digital or physical materials to inform guests that the organization supports local, diverse vendors.
- Share! Send the ChiBuys list to colleagues, clients, family, and friends.
- Host! Organize an introductory luncheon with ChiBuys vendors and your events, administrative, and marketing teams. Hear from them — and taste! — what they can offer. The 1871 team stands ready to help coordinate.
Visit http://1871.com/chibuys/ for more information or email email@example.com.