The Voice Key
"Your Voice Could Be Costing You Thousands of Dollars" reads a Forbes headline. This workshop will dig into how you use your voice and how your voice affects your presentation when pitching, selling to clients, and even talking to your team.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Central Standard Time)
222 W Merchandise Mart, Suite 1212 Get Directions
Overview: "Your Voice Could Be Costing You Thousands of Dollars" reads a Forbes headline. This workshop will dig into how you use your voice and how your voice affects your presentation when pitching, selling to clients, and even talking to your team.
Benefits of Attending:
- Eliminate destructive voice use immediately
- Discover how we adjust “personality" at will
- Learn to control how we listen to control how we speak
- Learn how we "conduct" others
All participants can download the app VOCULAR to measure their voice and track their progress before and after the workshop.
PHASE 1: WORDS ARE ALWAYS COMMANDS
Our vocabulary tells us (and others) what to do. Using a worksheet we reverse engineer it.
- Speech is exactly like computer code
- The “verb” in verbal and non-verbal communication
- How adjectives shape our direction and aim
PHASE 2: THE VOICE KEY - Exercise and Application
- Vocal “cool downs”
- Vocal fry- How we overcook our voices
- Sound big / Sound small- The power of “S”
- The Breathing Hand
- Head and Shoulders
- Putting it all behind us
Note: All of the above exercises are part of an audio program that will be available for personal review of all attendees
THE PHYSIOLOGY OF BEING RIGHT
There is an anatomy to holding our position on an idea. Using our bodies we explore how moving ourselves affects others:
- Choke - Avoidance behavior and breathing
- The fastest way to a fight
- Yes, you want people talking behind your back
Marshall Jones has spent the last decade sharpening his ear.
As a traveling teaching artist and speaker he can be found between worlds.
He can be at your local high school or a conference hosted by Will.I.Am.
At a poetry bar in your neighborhood or a NASA test launch.
Marshall has been a voice over talent, a narrative consultant on two documentaries;
and has appeared on National TV with TV Ones Verses and Flow.
Marshall hosts workshops across the states and abroad in other countries.
Defying language barriers, he believes that there is a poem in everyone, if they know where to look.
From Trinidad to El Salvador and beyond, Marshall wants to open the world to the craft.